Potatoes. I love them and have yet to find a way to make them that I don’t like. Well, unless you add something nasty like broccoli. Yes, I have a few foods I don’t like. *grin*
These are a different way to use mashed potatoes – either leftovers or what I did recently, for a potluck I was heading to – and they went over very well.
- 5 1/2 cups mashed potatoes (around 6-7 large baking potatoes)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 green onions
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon crispy cooked and crumbled
Preheat oven 350 degrees. Peel, quarter, and boil potatoes for 15-20 minutes or until soft. Drain potatoes and beat with a mixer until smooth. Add milk, cream cheese, sour cream, green onion, parsley, garlic powder, and salt and pepper – these are to taste. Beat at a medium-high speed until nice and creamy.
Spoon into a 9×13 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Top with cheddar cheese and bacon. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.